Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Answer For A Curious High School Student

I got this question via email. I've been getting them a lot and have just responded back through email. Now I've decided to post them.

Q. I want to become a Meteorologist. What courses in high school should I take?

A. It all depends the courses your school offers. I'll let you know the titles, but not the codes, every province is different. I graduated from the high school in Ontario.

Grade Eleven:

Physics

Chemistry

Calculus, Data Management

Any other math/science course that interest you.

English

Earth/Space Science


Grade Twelve:

Physics

Chemistry

Calculus, Data Management, Discrete Mathematics (not required, but recommended)

Any other math/science course that interest you.

English

Earth/Space Science OR/AND Atmospheric Science

*Courses should be taken at the highest level offered (i.e.; University type U Courses)

**Speak with your guidance councillor and browse around...it's the best to get a specific and detailed answer.

Good luck to all of you future meteorologists.


HAPPY EASTER!!! May the LORD be with you. Alleluia Alleluia!

Chris

city.weather@yahoo.ca

PS: Please be patient with me. I haven't been on my email system lately but I quickly browsed today and have 118 messages unread...that's what I'm doing tonight. Hopefully I'll get to all of them.

No comments: