Thursday, August 2, 2007

HUMIDEX ANSWERS

Well, the egg cooking didn't quite work. In 20 minutes, just a part of it was partially cooked. If you try this experiment...never eat the egg! I'm still trying to manage to get videos posted...my blog host isn't cooperating, nor is Youtube.

Anywho, this morning's blog consisted of humidex and what it is. Well for a recap the formula is

Humidex = T + Td - 12

Where:

T = Temperature

Td = Dew Point

and earlier I asked you to try to calculate this humidex if the temperature is 33C and the dewpoint is 18C.

And my......did I get flooded with emails. 92% of the emails were correct answers. The other 8% were not. Most people used the easy method (H=T+Td-12) and some used the harder method (Humidex = T + 5/9 x (e - 10)).

Now, the people using the harder method did not receive the right answer, because they did not get all of the information. I did not gie you the "e" part (vapour pressure), which was my error. So, below is the calculations to the correct (easy) method.

See you tomorrow....

Chris - city.weather@yahoo.ca



Humidex:


H = T + Td - 12

H = (33) + (18) - 12

H = 39C.

39C is hot!!



"What is Humidex" blog entry

No comments: